Citrus Solvent, Orange Oil, Limonene
Real Milk Paint Co.
A Natural, Non-Toxic, VOC-free, Easy-to-use, and yet Powerful Solvent
Orange oil is an all-natural way to thin pure oil finishes. This oil will evaporate as the natural oil stays in your wood and cures. This natural solvent can also be used very effectively as a concentrated cleaner and degreaser.
A SAFER PAINT THINNER ALTERNATIVE
Natural Citrus Solvent by The Real Milk Paint Company is used as a direct replacement for mineral spirits and odorless mineral spirits. Citrus Solvent can be used wherever paint thinner or mineral spirits are required as a natural, safer alternative. Citrus Solvent is not the same as any of the other “citrus-branded” cleaning products on the market, including Citrus Solve or Citri-Solve. It is, however, an excellent degreaser, paint thinner alternative, and can be used to replace petroleum chemicals such as mineral spirits.
Citrus Solvent is 98% pure citrus peel oil extracted from the peel of the orange fruit; the other 2% is water. This small amount of water is emulsified in the solvent and will not raise wood grain but is released into the air as the solvent evaporates.
- Does not contain any emulsions, surfactants, or any other additives that paint thinner products contain
- Does not contribute to depletion of the upper ozone or smog like mineral spirits or paint thinner
- The material released into the air by our Citrus Solvent is essentially the same material that is continuously being released into the air in every orange grove and is gently returned to the earth with the rain
- As clear as ordinary water as opposed to the deep orange of lower grades, which means that it will not add more amber color when mixed with our Pure Tung Oil
- Unlike paint thinner, our Citrus Solvent does not cause damage to the internal organs of the body when breathed in; instead, it passes through without effect.
- As a matter of fact, when you drink orange juice from the store, you drink small amounts of Citrus Solvent in the form of oils from the orange peel from which the juice was squeezed!
- Of course, this does not mean to throw caution to the wind and celebrate by taking a healthy swig of solvent.
- Can be easily disposed of with no threat to the environment.
NOTE: Citrus Natural Solvent can only be shipped through UPS Ground because of its flammability rating; therefore, overnight, second day or any air deliveries are not possible. Whenever possible, it is easier for us to ship UPS as they have a complete tracking system which allows us to track the package for safety purposes. We can ship via USPS Priority Mail to Hawaii and off-shore locations, but tracking is not ideal with USPS.
Orders placed before 11:00AM ship the same day. Allow 1-4 business days for delivery in the continental United States.
For rush orders and/or shipping outside of the USA, see shipping options at Order Checkout.
Made in USA. Always.
This product is proudly made in the USA.
Building a casket?
Want to learn more about building caskets? Have a look at our friendly casket builder's guide, So You Wanna Build a Casket?