So You're Building a Casket?
Here's all of the hardware you need for lid hinges, lid top support and latches.
Contents include hardware for one complete casket with a single-piece or two-piece hinged lid.
This casket hardware kit includes separable hinges for easy assembly and removal of the lids during finishing and upholstery and simple 4-piece latches (aka lid catches). Lid top supports keep the lid safely open in a 90-degree position.
Casket Hardware Kit Contents
- Separable Hinge Escutcheon for edge mount (4 pieces)
- Separable Hinge Escutcheon for flat mount (4 pieces)
- Hinge Stud (8 pieces)
- #6 by 3/4 black screws for hinges (20 pieces)
- Top Support Bracket (2 pieces)
- Top Support Bracket w/screw - flat mount (4 pieces)
- Top Support Bracket - optional side mount (2 pieces)
- #6 by 3/4 zinc screws for lid supports (10 pieces)
- Right & Left Latch Mounting Plate (2 pieces)
- Right & Left Latch Lever (2 pieces)
- Right & Left Latch Cover (2 pieces)
- Latch Stud (2 pieces)
- #6 by 3/4 black screws for latch (4 pieces)
This hardware kit includes enough parts for either style of hinge (flat mount or edge mount) and lid top support (flat mount or side mount) so you can make your mounting choice after you have the pieces in hand. Notice, you will have parts left over when you are done.
the hardware kit was well priced and received with in two days
Order was placed and shipment was on time. Products were as stated on the web page.
Ordering was easy and was delivered promptly. I haven’t installed the hardware yet, but I’m concerned that it is a little lightweight for such heavy lids. We’ll see!
Hi Jack, on hardwood heavy lids, we recommend using 3 hinges per each half lid. For pine, rest assured the hinges are solid. Same design has been in use for more than 100 years.
This casket hardware worked well and installation was straightforward. The casket design required modified install of the closure mechanism which I was able to accomplish without issue.
I was not impressed with your products so have mailed back the hardware kits and the liner! We did use the mattress and pillows! My clients come to my shop and have choices on various hardware options. In other words they are not dead yet, they have input on there own casket! They can look at photos of previous caskets I have made, ask questions, and let me know what they want and like! We did not feel your product was satisfactory for the two caskets being made! I mailed the return products today!