Design your own classic Craftsman style casket.
Start with this solid wood casket shell to design and build your own. This casket is made in Wisconsin from locally sourced lumber and is unfinished. Available in pine, aspen, oak, cherry, and walnut (for any other wood species, please email or call). The casket lid is an arched design with a flush floating panel and is very sturdy and structurally resistant to changes in temperature and humidity. Casket shell includes the completed solid wood box, with plywood bottom (for strength) and a two-piece hinged lid with all the hardware for hinges, latches, and top support installed.
You will need the following to complete this casket:
- Wood finish (optional, ok to leave unfinished)
- Handles, there are endless designs to choose from
- Adjustable bed (optional)
- Upholstery lining parts, or a burial shroud
This casket will fit in a conventional 30-inch burial vault.
- Interior length: 76-3/8 inches
- Interior width:: 23-1/2 inches
- Interior height: 15 inches (not inclusive of 4 inches inside the lid)
- Exterior length: 82 inches
- Exterior width: 29-1/2 inches (with stationary handles)
- Exterior width: 29-1/4 inches (with swing bar handles)
- Exterior height: 22 inches
- Weight: 140 lbs. to 200 lbs. depending on wood type
- Origin: Wisconsin, USA
Shipping & Freight
List price includes $600 for freight service and lift gate to lower continental 48 United States. For shipping to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and other countries, please inquire at email@example.com. To arrange for pickup one or more items, contact us for a special quote. Additional savings may apply for purchase of two or more casket shells, please contact us for a custom quote.